What is Gypsum Plaster?
A wall constructed with block or brick, is finished with a plaster coat which is called internal plastering. This internal plastering has traditionally been achieved through a sand-cement plastering process finished with POP punning. This two stage process involves multiple elements like cement, sand and water, which are blended on the site. Now, this plastering form is being slowly replaced by a single and direct coat gypsum plaster application. Thus the gypsum plaster is a substitution of two processes such as sand cement plastering and POP punning. Gypsum plaster is made as a result of the raw gypsum calcination in an automated kettle under a controlled temperature.
Gypsum Plaster Applications
Materials utilized in the two stage finish i.e. plaster & POP are sand, cement, water and POP/putty; where as in gypsum plaster, only water and gypsum is requisite for the plastering. Mix of gypsum with water is applied on the wall inside the level strips and reached to a smooth surface with steel float/steel trowels, ensures that line and level leaving no wave in the surface, all made good. The finished surface should be true to plane, curves or slopes. After surface drying, it should be papered with sand to yield a smooth surface. This results time saving for curing cement sand plaster and for leveling POP coat. Cement should not be blended with Gypsum plaster.
Gypsum Plasters Advantages:
There are some benefits of gypsum plaster over cement sand plaster and POP finish, including:
- Gypsum plaster is applied directly on block, brick or RCC. No product required for separate finishing.
- Ready to paint, as it requires no curing.
- It saves time during construction work and assures timely possession of building / homes.
- Gypsum plaster spreads out slightly on setting.
- Comparatively easy to spread as well as level.
- On drying out it forms an adequate dense surface to withstand normal knocks.
- It spreads and smooth to a minimal thickness increasing carpet area.
- Gypsum plasters have no considerable chemical action on paint.
- It is perfectly lined, leveled, smooth surface & sharp corner.
- Very low thermal conductivity, thus saving on electricity for air conditioning.
- Gypsum Plaster is a durable & green material.
- Light in weight, hence reduces load on structures.
- More on-site cleanliness because it is bag-packed product, and requires no curing.
Available in 25kgs bags.
801, 8th Floor, Peninsula Park, Plot No. A-4, End Of Veera Desai Road, Andheri West, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400053, India